May 08, 2011

to all you moms that are empty nesters...

husband scott and i were trying to figure out if this is the first mother's day for me without the children here with me and i am pretty sure it is.

i miss them so.

so here is a lament from honk! the musical. i know i could find an equally teary and sad song that would be more hip or cool and would make everyone cry, but this one is the one i have been singing all week. here are some of the lyrics:


every time i turn around, i expect you to appear
everyone may call my name, but it's your voice that i hear
every moment that you're gone is a moment, dark and gray
every tear a mother cries is a dream that's washed away


every day will seem to be more empty than the last
everywhere the sun once shined, a shadow has been cast

every moment seems an hour 
every hour less a day


every tear a mother cries is a dream that's washed away


(while you are missing from my life, it's me who's feeling lost.
  without you, i feel lost)

so, how do i know the lyrics to a song from honk! the musical? i am glad that you asked. i LOVE musicals and my niece was in her middle school musicals and, like a good tantanana, i went up to watch each one. she played maureen and here she is with ida, the yellow duck:


and like high school musical (she was gabriela), i had to buy the cd after watching ita perform.

3 comments:

  1. Love you and miss you mom! Don't be sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you, too, so very much. i'm not ALL sad, just every once in a while sad, today. i will pretend that you and jason are hugging me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome picture! I feel the same way, Ann. I still have one left at home, but he's only here for another year. Where did it all go? These days, a random commercial or an old photo can totally upend me. I'm a sucker for a sad song about the passing of time. I need to smell the back of a kid's neck really badly, and--unfortunately--my boys are all bigger than me

    ReplyDelete