August 16, 2010

OMG!

scene: at the butchers in Central Market


butcher: may I help you?


girl in her 20’s with 2 small boys (hopefully her nephews): I would like some hamburger


b: how much?


g: enough for 2 adults and these 2 boys. which hamburger do you recommend for hamburgers?


b: this one


g: how long do you grill it?


b: till it’s almost done, but don’t over cook because it will dry out since it is lean.


g: what can I do to make it not dry out?


b says something, but I don’t hear it because it is still early in the 21 questions game.


g: maybe I should get some chuck mixed in with it?


g: can you grill on the grill or on a George Forman grill?


g: can you mix the to hamburger meats together for me?


b says to me, as he goes to the back to mix the meat together: I will be with you in a minute.


me, trying very very hard to be patient, smiles


girl to butcher when he comes back: what buns do you recommend? which brand do you prefer? is there one brand that is better than another?


g: what kind of cheese goes with beef? what do you prefer? cheddar cheese okay?


me silently thinking and imploding inside: OMG!


girl still asking questions when another butcher comes and helps me.


2nd butcher: may I help you?


me: 3/4 lb of extra lean ground beef, please


2nd b: anything else?


me: no, thank you


girl still asking questions about making hamburgers as I leave to get the salmon.


I kinda want to see what the hamburgers are going to look like when she serves them to the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment