November 21, 2011

monday, monday

this could have very easily been a 'i hate mondays' post. first day of the work week and one team member is on vacation. husband scott loooooovvvvvvveeeeeeeesssssss to assign something to me to do 15 minutes before i leave for the day and because it's thanksgiving week, i am on hold forever. plus i am a little tense about returning a pair of 'wore-all-day' boots back to j crew because there is popped nail head sticking out under the leather label in the sole. plus, i had a pap smear (yea! always fun!) scheduled today and since i was running late, i was worried i wouldn't be able to shower before my appointment. AND, the weather looks like this...
see that cypress to the left. it is showing you that we are having drizzly gray weather where one feels a little droopy.

it makes the house cold inside, but i feel funny putting on the heat when it is really not THAT cold outside. it's in the high 50's. northerners would scoff if they knew how i long to turn on the heat.

i do have my fake little fire roaring in my fireplace. i, actually, love gas logs. no mess, no smoke, no having to go outside and get logs, no worries of smoldering cinders when it's time for bed. i can just turn it on and off...just like that. it's warm and cozy. it doesn't have the crackle and pop or that nice smell. i can light my favorite candle for this time of the year - Thymes Fir. it smells like the holidays when it's lit.

anyhoo,

i got side tracked. what was i saying - that this could have been an icky monday. it really really could have been.

but...

j crew took back the boots without a single hitch! my wait at the gyno was relatively short (obstetrics really slows down the process). my regular doctor just had a baby, so i saw another, instead.

and

she was so nice.

you know how, at times, you can instantly like a person? she had that open, fresh, sweet face and personality (although, now that i am old, the doctors are starting to look like children to me). i have been feeling sorry for myself and my GERD diagnosis and the doctor was sympathetic, saying that she has battled acid reflux since she was a child and just recently had surgery to correct it. that pretty much made my complaint seem very very small. just as i start to feel sorry for myself, someone comes along with a much bigger problem than me. sometimes that can make me feel like i'm whinging (i like that word better than whining...it's australian for whining). but my doctor was so nice, she made me feel better and she was so nice.

did i tell you how nice she was?

so, it just goes to show you...you can never know when you can make someone feel better at the end of a bad day by just being nice. i need to be nice more often.

2 comments:

  1. She's probably a lot nicer than that other, rude OBGYN. I don't like her. I didn't know she was pregnant?

    I toldja J. Crew would do something about the nail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right. i may switch. she really was nice. you would like her. and i guess i fret too much about stuff. i really thought that j crew would be a bit miffed and all, but they are not. i haven't done a ode to j crew lately...maybe i should?

    ReplyDelete